Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Quilt Festival!





Amy over at ParkCityGirl is having a Bloggers Quilt Festival!  And I had to join!

My entry is the FIRST quilt I made.  And the ENTIRE thing is hand stitched.  It is my 16-month-old daughters clothes from her first year of life.  Mostly onesies and sleepers.  It means sooo much to me because I can look and it and recognize every square and at this right now I can tell you what item of clothing it used to be.  Not sure how well I'll do when she's 10!  But I'm super proud of it and I hope she'll treasure it as much as I do!

Thank you for stopping by!



13 comments:

  1. What a sweet way to remember that moment in time. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to remember and reuse all those darling clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bunch of clothes from when I was a baby that I want to turn into a quilt. What a beautiful quilt to cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice quilt! I can't believe it is all hand stitched...way too much patience for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet quilt. A real family treasure. Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely quilt and the storey behind the quilt is wonderfull. The first quilt and it is all hand stitched from from baby clothes...all the nice memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that you used old clothes....what a nice story and a wonderful quilt. Great work! I'm sure the child approves :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great quilt, I am sure you will be making many more

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great quilt and so nice of an idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hand quilting!!! Amazing!!! Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very special quilt. Certainly something to tresure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet quilt! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The very best quilts stitch together the memories of our lives. Great job.

    ReplyDelete