Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bees and Easter

I know, it's been a little while....keeping up with blogging is a lot of work! How do you all do it?

First up is Avery's Easter dress that I made from this book . The book is great...it's has a bunch of patterns and ideas for embellishing clothes...but the pictures aren't that great. So I had to wing it when I decided to do ruffles. This dress took HOURS to make but I'm glad I finished it. Yes, that is my hubby Sean in the background. He thinks the dress looks like it's from Little House on the Prairie or like Avery belongs to a Polygamist group. I told him that I don't think they don't wear such bright colors or ruffles.

On Saturday I worked on my Paintbox Quilt and then got distracted staring at the Dresden template I bought a few weeks ago. Thanks to Chris who showed us her amazing quilt with a dresden flower at our LAMQG meeting a few months back....I've been wanting to make one.
So.....I had to hurry because A was napping and I knew she'd be up soon....I was able to get the dresden done then she woke up and I finished the rest that night. It is the first quilt that I've made start to finish in one day and it was an awesome quick fix! I put it in her basket and she threw it to the side to get to the rest of the goodies. Oh, well. Maybe it'll be a wall hanging.


Bees....Avery got stung by her first one last week on her finger. She cried and was mad at the bees for the day. But at least she not allergic and it motivated me to pick up her Epi-pens from the pharmacist. (she's allergic to peanuts) On a side note - it's incredible the amount of candy that has peanuts. My pockets were full of peanut butter cups and snickers from the egg hunt she did at brunch. And no, I didn't throw them away! No way I'd waste perfectly good chocolate.
Here are my bee blocks for the Bee Mod group at the LAMQG and The Block Swap on Flickr.
March blocks for Lisa @ LAMQG

April blocks for Leslie @ LAMQG

Confetti blocks for Paloma @ The Block Swap



4 comments:

  1. Than you for telling me about Michael Levines shop in Downtown LA. I was there on wednesday last week. I bouth 31 yard, so my suitcase was very hevy when I lived LA on friday. I was olso in the old town of Pasadena and I find some interestings shops in Mission. Have a nice day. Hugs from Norway. The dresden plate is beatiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh nicole, her dress is adorable!! sean is just crazy :)

    just an FYI on the peanut allergies - my aunt is also deathly allergic to all nuts but can eat reeese's - has to do with the nut processing that happens (also tells you how fake they really are :-p) perhaps avery might be safe?

    snickers however have whole nuts, so those are pry out.

    can't believe how big she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is adorable! (and I know how much work -I just made a skirt for my friend's daughter for Easter from a Moda tutorial and it took me all day!) But your dress does NOT look at all like a polygamist's....I know - I worked on all the dresses on 'Big Love'. Those poor girls have to wear long sleeves and 100% polyester even in hot Utah summers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tell Sean it's NOT a Little House dress, NOR a Polygamists' dress.

    It's a Princess Dress and it's ADORABLE!
    All that work was * so* worth it.
    =-)

    ReplyDelete